Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This one is probably my favorite book ever...

I love Water for Elephants. For me, it was pure escapism. I was transported into a time when nothing was certain, when the circus was king, and when every cent mattered. I loved the dirt, the grit, and the grime contained in this book. At times, it was almost hard to read. It made me think about what I would have done if I were in that position. What do do when you don't have anyone to turn to? What do you do when you don't have a place to rest your head at night? What do you do when your boss insists that if you want to keep what you do have, you will do as he says, even if it means doing things that go against your moral being? Do you stand up to him and do what you think is right? What if you are in love with his wife?
So many questions.....
It's an amazing book that you will not regret reading.
My mom read it, I read it, my cousins read it, my nannie read it, and my sister read it.
Don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment