Friday, June 10, 2011

Should I stay or should I go?

As I was reading If I Stay, the lyrics to The Clash song kept buzzing around in my head. Should I stay or should I go? Not only does the book have a punk influence, but the lyrics also sum up the theme of this book.
If I were the last living member of my immediate family and I was in a coma, and I had a choice to live or die, which would I choose? Would I stay or would I go?
This book brought me to tears a couple of times. One time was when the grandpa tells her he really wants her to stay, but he understands why she would want to go. The other time is when her boyfriend begs her to stay, not for him, but for her. He wants to see her accomplish everything she wanted to, even if it is without him. I think these things made me cry because they were completely selfless.
This book is a really good, easy read. I read it in a day. I bought it to take on vacation, but I read it all before we even left.
However, I could have done without all of the punk-talk.
Highly recommended!!

No comments:

Post a Comment